CCNP Routing and Switching certification demonstrates the professional’s capability and knowledge to verify, plan, implement and troubleshoot LANs and WANs. The certification also allows professionals to work together and closely with experts on voice, security, video and wireless solutions. The knowledge and skills gained from this certification is suitable for both physical and virtual networks.This certification is ideal fornetwork engineers who thrive to plan, verify, implement and troubleshoot LANs and WANs. This certification provides the necessary knowledge and skills to build industry best practices and practical training.
Who need to do this certification?
The CCNP Routing and Switching certification is suitable for those professionals having minimum one year of work experience in the field of networking. Individuals, who want to advance their career in the field of networking and work on complicated networks independently, can attain this certification course. CCNP Routing and Switching certification creates opportunities for the following job roles:
- Network Engineer
- Support Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Network Technician
CCNP Routing and Switching certification is aligned with the job market and the latest technology. So, professionals always remain updated. This certification is job role focused and so makes individuals expert in the field of network routing and switching. The CCNP certification promises better salary, promotion and international recognition. This certification is highly demanded by employers today and will be a trump card for your resume.
Candidates must pass the 300-101 ROUTE exam, 300-115 SWITCH exam and 300-135 TSHOOT exam in order to obtain the CCNP Routing and Switching Certification. CCIP and CCDP are its associated certifications.
For attaining the CCNP Routing and Switching certification, candidates must hold a Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification or any Cisco CCIE certification. At least one year job experience in networking is also required.
The CCNP Route exam tests the candidate’s skills and knowledge on higher level IP addressing and routing capability, are able to implement secure and scalable Cisco Routers for LANs and WANs. The CCNP route also includes configuring routing solutions for mobile workers and branch offices. The CCNP Routing certification has CCNP ROUTE 642-902 or CCNP ROUTE 300-101 as its associated exam. The CCNP ROUTE 642-902 exam will no longer be available after January, 2015.
The topics covered in the CCNP Routing exam are:
- Planning services related to Routing: includes Cisco Enterprise Architectures, various Hierarchical Network models, various routing protocols, etc.
- Applying EIGRP-based solutions: includes main technologies of EIGRP, EIGRP Traffic, EITGRP Metric Calculation, etc.
- Implementing scalable and multiple area network, and applying OSPF-based solutions: includes understanding of Link-State Protocols, planning and documenting OSPF, etc.
- Applying IPv4 based solution for redistribution: includes running various routing protocols, understanding route maps, etc.
- Applying Path Control: includes process of path control and the various path control tools.
- Connecting together ISP networks and Enterprise Networks: includes understanding the various ISP connectivity, Default Providers and Routers, BGP Databases, BGP States, etc.
- Applying IPv6 based solutions
- Applying routing facilities for mobile workers and branch offices
- Understanding the reason for increase of security threats
- Understanding technologies like DMVPN, VSS, StackWise and IPV6 expansion
- Understanding various protocols like EIGRP, OSPF and BGP.
CCNP Routing study guides, books, flash cards, and video tutorials are excellent aids for preparing g for the CCNP Route exam. CCNP Routing PDF or CCNP Route PDF version study guides are also available. The CCNP Route lab manual is a very helpful guide for lab based or practical exercises. It is recommended that candidates should take the CCNP Route training program before appearing in the CCNP Route exam. Practice exams found in books are very resourceful for the CCNP Route exam as these identifies your skill before the real exam. These practice tests familiarizes candidates with the actual test questions.
Validity of Certification
The CCNP Routing and Switching certification remains valid for three years. After that, recertification must be done by any of the following ways:
- Pass 300-101 ROUTE exam, 300-115 SWITCH exam, or 300-135 TSHOOT exam, or
- Pass any CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass CCDE Written Exam or CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass CCAr interview and the CCAr board review
Many CCNP Route exam preparation tools are available in the market nowadays. However, whatever learning tool you use actually depends on your own unique learning style. So choose the ones that suit you best.
Network Consultant, SR-W Consulting
New York, USA